Last updated 14/11/21
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at R24 (“the app”, “we,” “us,” or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
1.1. Personal information you disclose to us.
In Short: To create your account and manage your preferences, we collect personal information that you provide to us.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you sign-in into your account with R24, when you participate in in-app activities (by saving your favorite podcasts, asking questions or creating your unique user profile) or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the app, the choices you make and the features you use. Presently the personal information we collect includes the following:
• Your email address or your phone number for authenticating your account with R24
• Your favorite podcasts and playlists.
• Your profile information (name, Hebrew name, birthday, location).
The app does not require or store: financial information, health and fitness info. The app does not require access to your phone messages, photos, videos, or other files and documents.
Some user information is collected automatically but it’s stored in a manner that does now allow to identify it with specific user account. For more, please, refer to the next paragraph.
1.2. Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your approximate location and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you use the app. However, it is stored in a way that does not allow to associate it with any specific user account.
We automatically collect certain information when you use the app. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as:
• In-app activity such as screen views and taps.
• Approximate location (user or device physical location to an area greater than or equal to three square kilometres, such as the city that a user is in).
• Language preferences.
• Crash logs and other app performance data.
• Device model and other information.
• The version of the app installed on your device.
• Information about how and when you use the app and other technical information.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of the app, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
2. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws or to provide you with services. For example, while live activity within the app is displayed to all users, the information if shown in a way that allows to keep your privacy.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
• Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include our parent company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
• Vendors and service providers. The information you provide can be accessed by vendors and service providers who support our app, such as: by providing technical infrastructure services, storage and hosting, authentication solutions, cloud messaging, analyzing how the app is used.
• Other Users. When you share personal information or otherwise interact with the app, some information about this activity may be viewed by all users and may be publicly made available outside the in perpetuity. However, it won’t be displayed to other users in a way that will allow them to identify this info or your activity with a specific person. For example, if you choose to fill in your profile within the app, your name won’t be shown to other users; will be used to create a unique abbreviation (which in itself cannot be used for direct identification). Consequently, while other users might be able to view descriptions of your activity, they won’t be able to identify your profile.
• In response to a legal request (such as: a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. When we have a good-faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud, unauthorized use of the Products, violations of our terms or policies, or other harmful or illegal activity; to protect ourselves (including our rights, property or products), you or others, including as part of investigations or regulatory inquiries; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
3. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our services using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you. Presently, we store only the email address that is connected to your account.
The app offers you the ability to authorize your account using your third-party social media account details (your Google or Apple account).
If you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned. However, the only information which will be used within the app directly is your email address (for the purpose of authentication).
Please note that we do not control, and are not responsible for, other uses of your personal information by your third-party social media provider. We recommend that you review their privacy notice to understand how they collect, use and share your personal information, and how you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
4. IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
In Short: We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own.
Please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities (in Israel) and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in and other countries.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this document (see paragraph 1), unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements).
Information we receive from our users can be accessed and preserved for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations of possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
• Change your personal profile details on the “Me” tab of the app (see, “Profile”).
• Contact us from the “Me” tab of the app with a request to terminate your account.
7. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
In Short: Yes, we will update this notice as necessary if the app updates require such changes or to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
8. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.